Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The most important piece of being a leader

Don't ever forget that while you are the spotlighted leader you have the opportunity to create leaders.


A person I hold in a high regard once told me that it was not only my responsibility to grow a great organization but create leaders in the process. Take the time to open up those shy members to the possibility of being president. You never know, they may be the best option your organization has. 

I, like many of us, started my journey as someone who was seen as the quiet kid in the group. I hardly contributed until someone planted the seed.

Plant seeds, it's more than worth it. Few experiences are as satisfying as seeing someone grow into a pillar of the community. Just ask those men in the chapter who are successful at recruiting.

Good luck with elections and your transisitons out/into your respective offices.

Derrick.dubois@phimudelta.org

No comments:

Post a Comment